I'll try to keep this one short & to the point (ha! *ironic snort*) because we've had massive thunderstorms here earlier, and as I've learned now, that (and everything else, it seems!) plays havoc with my Internet connection. So let's hope this one will last long enough for me to post this.
So, was browsing through the available links to post, when I stumbled upon this one. Recently, a good friend and I were discussing what it takes to make you swoon over a hero, that perfect, special little something...
The article echoes this question. Read on for 10 things that make a man irresistible...
I got this one from Cosmopolitan Australia, and you can find it online in the original slideshow here. The article says 10 things, but No. 4 is mysteriously absent from the slideshow...
What makes men irresistible
Okay, so obviously a man with a body like Daniel Craig (hello, chiselled abs and perfect biceps) is going to catch a woman’s attention – we’re only human! But it’s not just all about looks. We’re paying homage to the ten traits that are guaranteed to make a man irresistible to women.
1. Sexy body language. All men have something physical that they do – without realising – that turns women on. For some it’s a wink, for others it’s a hand through the hair, and for Chuck Bass it’s simply stating “I’m Chuck Bass”. Whatever it is, it’s suave, cheeky, and smoking hot.
2. He’s chilled. We women tend to get a bit over-excited about certain things, and while we can be a tad neurotic and frenzied, irresistible men seem to simply radiate calm and a can-do attitude. A steady gaze and cool written all over his face makes his sex appeal shoot through the roof.
3. He looks after himself. Sexiness doesn’t come down to a certain height, build, or dress code (although board shorts with skate shoes should never be worn over the age of 13). But the bottom line is if he keeps his body in okay shape, he obviously knows how to take care of himself and sets health as a priority. This indicates he’s more likely to take care of you, too. That’s a turn-on.
5. He has a manly scent. Research has shown that our DNA compatibility dictates who smells good to us – and with good cologne that can be anyone! It sounds animalistic and primal, but a guy with a hot, strong scent has the potential to drive a woman wild.
6. He shows affection. An arm around our shoulders, a hand on the leg, a kiss on the back of the neck…not only does this double as affectionate, but little signals like this can also turn us women on in a big way.
7. He laughs. A lot. No news flash here. Look in any dating column or website and you’ll notice the number one trait people are looking for is a sense of humour. Comedy is highly enticing. It's worth noting though that there are different types of humour. The insecure comedy that's based on putting others down or calling them names doesn't impress us. But give us fun-loving jokes and laughter and that man will head straight to the top of the sexiness charts.
8. He does things you can’t. Now, we’re all for equality, don’t get us wrong. But a dead cockroach in the bathroom? Hell no, sister. While we tend to hate having to rely on anyone but ourselves, sometimes it's just easier to ask him to take care of it. Carrying heavy objects up the stairs, hanging pictures, and killing large creepy crawlies are all part of his irresistible appeal.
9. Protectiveness. Nothing is more attractive than when a man walks on the outside nearest to the traffic, extends a hand to help us up a steep incline, or worry that the guy at the checkout was quite literally, checking you out. Even if us women can protect ourselves, it’s nice to be taken care of – and a protective man is most definitely irresistible. Why do you think James Bond has nabbed so many women over his time?
10. He’s passionate. About you, about global issues, about puppies and kittens, or all of those things combined. Whatever it may be, a man who is passionate is completely desirable.
I'm curious to know - what do you think makes a man irresistible?
Personally, a man who respects women and treats them right, with consideration and care, wins big into my good books.
What about you? Drop me a comment and let us know.
From Mauritius with love,
I agree with all ten, as long as he doesn't take #7 to the extreme. the "stand-up comedian" type gets on my nerves! :)
That post was from me. Crystal forgot to sign out - again ...
I'm always drawn to a sense of humor, but like Miss Crystal commented, I don't need a stand up comedian. lol And a man who smells good is always a huge draw...but not overpowering either...just a light scent to catch your attention.
Fun post Zee!
I wouldn't go for Daniel Craig; I like a bigger guy, but I definitely agree that things start with physical appeal.
Sense of humor is big for me as is a manly scent, but more than anything else, I like intellect. I'll go for the wonky guy who is a brainiac over anyone else. I like the devotion getting that PhD shows, as well as the dedication and ambition it takes.
Wonderful post, Zee!
Great post! I love #2 in a man. The two men I dated, and then the man I married, all have this beautiful quality in them.
And #5 is a close second, lol. My husband doesn't wear cologne (I'm allergic to a lot of scented things) but just to be able to smell his skin and inhale that scent that's uniquely him is such a huge turn on for me.
Chicki, I totally agree! I don't want a stand-up comedian either - can anything be more tedious than someone who turns everything and anything into a joke? :) xoxo
Thanks Christine! Scent... *swoon* I love browsing the male perfume aisles at the shops here, but actual scent combined with 'that' particular smell of a man... Oh my :)
Lol Patricia - give me a hot geek any day (Chuck Bartowski or Sam from Supernatural!). Yes though, a man's got to have some intellect behind the drawn and the 'beauty' too :)
#2 - ain't that right, Mirriam! My husband's got this quality too, and while I'm the neurotic basket case half the time, he's all cool and composed and that totally makes him my hero (on most days. The rest of the time, I wanna throttle him! *grin*)
And so agree on # 5 too!
You know, I agree with most of these, but after watching reality television here (LOL), the one thing I admire about some of the guys is one who is gets along with everyone, but doesn't have to try. If he gets mad, he does, but gets over things just as quick. In any relationship, I think that's important. :)
The main thing about my devil is his attentivenss to his mistress. When he's off work and they're together it's all about her. He listens, and he has her back. The other thing mostly because it's integral to the plot, he's totally honest. Even if he knows she might be hurt by the truth at first, he tells the truth.
I do have to find some faults with him though when I rewrite the damn thing lol
I like everything on the list but as others have noted, they can be a problem if taken to the exteme. And that's true not just with the sense of humor. Any strength can become a weakness if it's overdone.
I like a man with honor, respect of all things, shows that he isn't afraid of anything even if it might make him seem less a man (in other he has to be very comfortable in his masculinity) and I love guys who have dry/sarcastic sense of humors.
Jess, that's totally right! A man's got to be comfortable around everyone, and open to showing what he is feeling and experiencing. The ability to hold a grudge is not a desirable trait in anyone, much less a man!
Lol Sue - he does have a fault: his Boss!
But yes, attentiveness is a big factor. He doesn't need to have her be the moon and the stars and everything in between all the time, but a little of that some of the time wouldn't hurt :)
Kate, that is a really valid point! There's a perfect balance to everything, and too much, just as too little, of a good thing turns bad in the end.
Sara, I'd say that's the first requirement of a man, and especially a hero - honour, and nobility of spirit & heart.
Comfortable in his masculinity, and who knows who he is and doesn't make excuse for it - uh, where do I sign up for this? :)
And I absolutely love the dry/sarcastic humour too. Must be why I find Brits so fascinating, lol.
I like a man who's 'happy in his skin,' and one that is cool in stressfull situations. + most of the things on the list!
Great definition, Sherry! Sounds like a hero :)
Post a Comment